Introduction | Next >
I'm in the fast lane from LA to Tokyo"
- Charli XCX, from "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea
Singapore Airlines currently operates its beautiful A380 super-jumbo on two US routes: JFK to Frankfurt and LAX to Tokyo-Narita. On those routes, the airline replaced its traditional First Class with an ultra-fancy version called Suites Class, which Singapore advertised as "a class beyond First."
And for a little over 24 hours, I'll get to experience the magic that is Suites Class like this rich old dude watching golf.
Booking award tickets in First Class (let alone Suites) on Singapore Airlines used to be very difficult for US customers, as Singapore does not generally release those tickets to partner airlines such as United and (formerly) US Airways. But Chase Ultimate Rewards recently became a transfer partner with Singapore's KrisFlyer loyalty program, which means I'm finally able to book this trip of a lifetime:
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo-Narita (NRT): Singapore Airlines Suites Class (A380)
- Tokyo-Narita (NRT) to Singapore (SIN): Singapore Airlines Suites Class (A380)
- Singapore (SIN) to Shanghai-Pudong (PVG): Singapore Airlines Suites Class (A380)
And on the return:
- Shanghai-Pudong (PVG) to Seoul-Incheon (ICN): Asiana Business Class (767-300)
- Seoul-Incheon (ICN) to Frankfurt (FRA): Lufthansa First Class (747-8i)
- Frankfurt (FRA) to Vancouver (YVR): Lufthansa First Class (747-400)
- Vancouver (YVR) to San Francisco (SFO): Air Canada Business Class (A319)
I'm really, really ridiculously excited about the over-the-top round-the-world adventure. But booking this itinerary was time-consuming and sometimes frustrating - I'll cover that in the next post.
3. Lounge Report - Star Alliance First Class / Business Class Lounge, LAX
4. Singapore Airlines Suites Class, Los Angeles > Tokyo-Narita (A380-800)
5. Lounge Report - ANA Suite Lounge, Tokyo-Narita
6. Singapore Airlines Suites Class, Tokyo-Narita > Singapore (A380-800)
7. Lounge Report - The Private Room, Singapore
8. Singapore Airlines Suites Class, Singapore > Shanghai-Pudong (A380-800)
9. Lounge Report - Air China Business Class Lounge, Shanghai-Pudong
10. Asiana Business Class, Shanghai-Pudong > Seoul-Incheon (767-300)
11. Lounge Report - Asiana First Class Lounge, Seoul-Incheon
12. Lufthansa First Class, Seoul-Incheon > Frankfurt (747-8i)
13. Review: Hyatt Regency Mainz
14. Lounge Report - Lufthansa First Class Terminal, Frankfurt
15. Lufthansa First Class, Frankfurt > Vancouver (747-400)
16. Lounge Report - Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Vancouver
17. Air Canada rouge - Premium rouge Class, Vancouver > San Francisco (A319)